Installation


It is not that often that I do installation works. When I feel in the mood for comedy or revolution, and I need something direct, something like the bullet so I can shoot into what annoys me that is when I do it.

Inventions_2015
Are all inventions at the same time weapons?



Where are you_2016
I was lying down one summer day in my bed, and my fan was making me sad, it looked to me as it was trying to find someone, constantly turning its head left and right, hopeless and lost in my bedroom. It looked so human and relevant so I decided to create this work.




The artist is dead_2016
This work was performed as part of the solo exhibition of the same name, which was presented in October 2016 at the Grand Gallery of KC GRAD. The whole exhibition was intended to draw attention to the position of artists, especially performance artists in Serbia. Every day I would lie down for six hours pretending to be 'dead' on the gallery floor covered in black cloth, counting the opening of this performance was lasting 75 hours. This was also personal communication with Marina Abramovic, a kind of response to hers "the artist is present", provoking the audience to wonder how performance may be still marginalized in Serbia today, why it lacks institutional support, that artists are left in the end only with their enthusiasm.



I am done with you_2017
How many times you said that you are done with something or someone, when in fact you are not. For me, this is a love story or better agony, but it could be anything you want. 72 meters of paper, wall, 3 diaries, fully covered with the same sentence, written for several months.



The age of renewal_2017
I decided to use the name of the group exhibition for this work. I was trying to provoke people to think about war by looking at flowers. The white flowers were put in a vase with blood and on the opening night, they started to change color into red. No matter how innocent we come to this land, we will inherit all the guilt of our ancestors.



An exhibition of empty pockets_2020
I have no other option but to laugh about my poverty after 10 years of rich international career, all success, awards, if I don't have it now I will probably die poor, so be it. But I cannot stand that no one speaks about this issue, how hard it is to be an independent artist in Serbia. So I decided to make an exhibition of my empty pockets and try to open a discussion, try to remove the stigma, to shed light on some of the open questions and concerns I have about the cultural scene in Serbia.



Коментари