Selection of performance works


Experimental:

The Netherlands project_2018
A half-hour experimental film created in the Netherlands in 40 days of February and March 2018.
Statistics: 40 days, 7 cities, 5 apartments, 3 houses, 10 people, 2 cats, and 1 dog.


Staying in the Netherlands was exclusively within the frameworks of Couch Surfing, an alternative travel application. On average, every third day you are in the new bed of a new city, so your journey is not where you want, but where you are wanted to be. From luxurious houses to social housing, from French beds, through the shared ones, to sleeping on the mattress on the floor of an unfinished bedroom, getting to know the most diverse people, by age, professional or ethnic category, you are in a boundless field of openness and constant adaptation to a new new.
The key link in the movie is the performance that, without knowing of my hosts, I perform in their personal spaces when they are at work, sleeping or taking a shower, trying to show the state of mind in which I am at the moment.

Everything will be fine_2019
Video performance created on IVA.lab (inter video action) residency in Pozega.


I used to say this sentence even to my dying father when both of us knew it is not going to be fine, far from it. This work is a clear reflection of my current state of mind, more than anything I needed comfort, someone to tell me that everything is going to be fine. I decided to ask people from different countries to tell me in their language what they would say to a friend that has a difficult time, something comforting. While watching me going from the urban zone of the city to a more remote and peaceful place, trying to  find hope and beauty, you can hear that everything will be fine in Lithuanian, Czech, Greek, Cantonese, Urdu, Hebrew, German, French, Indian, Nigerian, Croatian, Montenegrian, Spanish, Portuguese, and Russian. This helped me, it gave me the hope that I needed, but even more than that, I couldn't stop imagining some lonely Lithuanian in France watching this work, what is the chance?!

Puzzle_2020
Experimental video made in collaboration with dancer Aleksandar Popov and narrator Ana Benavent.


This work is a visual representation of dance in combination with poetry. From the start, I knew that I want to do something with Aleksandar but I didn't want to create just a beautiful video of someone dancing, I needed some narrative. While filming I was reading Spanish contemporary poetry and one poem fit perfectly for this project. 

Portrait of anonymous artist_2020
Experimental documentary in collaboration with my mother


An intimate story about my father told by my mother. This is a very important work for me. I was thinking for a long period of time, that when every one of us, people that knew my father die, no one will know that he was an artist and I wanted to change that. This work was also a powerful story about love, life, and struggles. I was filming my mother in Montenegro and recording her confessions, trying to make the best possible portrait of my father. For now, this work is not available with English translation. 


Existentialism:

Departure_2017


How to be part of a time where there is no time for you. Departure is the product of a long process of feeling the inability to change the place of life, a place that makes you unhappy, but you are firmly attached to it, almost inextricably. This work does not give hope, but it calls for action, alarms you to fight for a better tomorrow.

And so on…_2018


The central theme of this work is the burden, the burden we must or choose to bear, the burden that is part of us, or we are part of that burden, the burden without which our identity is called into question because we are burdened, and so on...

Ambitious Sisyphus_2019


Even if you overcome every obstacle, solve every problem, in the end, everyone dies, so what is the point. If anything positive ever happened in my life I would understand my optimism, ambition, urge to change the world, to be good, to do good. Still, I am here, pushing my rock every day.

Identity research:

Second skin_2011


Sometimes we need to take radical actions to liberate ourselves. This is exactly that, with a big kitchen knife I am cutting the second skin, skin that grows from the fear and prejudices, from low self-respect.

You are free, but…_2015


First time presented in 2015 as part of the exhibition during the Belgrade Pride Week. A group of art historians named “Impost” chose this work to show it as a central work at the exhibition dealing with stereotypes about the LGBTQ+ community in Serbia. In the review about the work, they said: “Through synthesized messages, this video material leads to better, more relevant meanings, which in return lead to the determination of LGBTQ+ population. To reach individual and collective awareness, this work creates a certain theoretical and didactic interaction between the distorted standards of the local community and defined and correct attitude… It is the passive-aggressive social class who presents itself as tolerant, while concurrently rejecting a consistent integration of the LGBTQ+ population into society. The video work is a performative illustration, a somewhat masochistic way of pulling a sock on top of another, which makes the author hard to breathe, just like the passive-aggressive statements are compelling LGBTQ+ persons to breathe with difficulty in real life. Clement penetrates specific knowledge of social psychology applied to solve practical problems of modern society, such as reducing prejudice and prevention of violence.”

Коментари